The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ordenanza
- At the risk of annoying my friends in the Army top brass let me add that the institution of a batman or orderly for every army office even at peace stations is archaic and should be done away with.
- In the garden I fell over the wall and drunkenly hushed my colleague, my batman, the other soldier in this two-person war against the future.
- Another thing that makes us think he was wounded and is a prisoner is that his batman stayed with him, has never been seen, and is presumed to be a prisoner.
- And his batman was a splendid chap and produced tea, you see, with a lovely silver teapot out of the house, and every thing else, in the middle of the battle.
- While his batman stood quietly aside he paced back and forth in front of me a couple of turns, smacking his baton into his hand, then squared off in front of me.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!