Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural bay leaves
1hoja de laurel feminine
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, juniper berries, peppercorns, reserved duck necks and remaining duck or goose fat.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, then add the onion, celery, leek, curry powder, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, thyme and saffron.
- Experiment with a variety of herbs until you hit on combinations you like; rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, cilantro and bay leaves are common flavourings along with onions and celery.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, leeks, parsley, thyme and bay leaves; continue to simmer for five hours.
- Wrap the parsley, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns, and tarragon in cheesecloth and tie the top to create a sachet.
- The herbs you use in soup are your personal choice, but they often include basil, dill, rosemary, parsley, thyme, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Sweat two minutes and add wine, vinegar, parsley, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- In a large pot, saute onion in oil until soft, then add tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, bay leaves, red kidney beans and sugar (optional).
- Add remaining cumin, plus thyme, bay leaves and black pepper, and stir to coat vegetables with spices.
- Put the meat back in the pan, add the wine, bay leaves, thyme and oregano, then turn up the heat and allow the wine to bubble away for 5-10 minutes; you want the liquid to reduce by a third.
- You add wine, vermouth, chicken stock, a bay leaf, fresh thyme, black peppercorns and an onion cut into 8 wedges.
- Bring to a boil and add the tarragon, thyme, parsley, gingerroot, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and bay leaves; bring to a gentle simmer, and maintain the heat until the garlic is tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Put it in a dish with the rosemary, garlic and bay leaves and leave it covered in the fridge overnight.
- Add thyme, bay leaves and black pepper and stir to coat.
- The bellies are dry-salted, with brown sugar, bay leaves and juniper, for 4-5 days.
- Combine peaches, bay leaves, sugar, thyme, sake and corn kernels and mix well; marinate for two hours.
- Add the chicken stock, apple cider, thyme, and bay leaves and simmer until the lentils are tender, about two hours.
- Put the discs of cheese in a flat dish, sitting snugly, tuck in the sprigs of thyme, the lightly crushed peppercorns and the bay leaves then pour over the olive oil.
- I am now the proud owner of all the fresh basil, bay leaves, thyme, sage and parsley a girl could want.