Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(hablado por sus locutores y considerado estándar) inglés de la BBC masculine
- He writes these magnificent sweeping sentences in this wonderful old BBC English that nobody actually speaks anymore.
- I have never heard Ms Grant speak and I do not know or care if her accent is cut-glass BBC English, Scouse or Glaswegian.
- So, since Shakespearean nobles did not uphold the standards of today's BBC English, they must have had no standards at all, right?
- Not coincidentally, the early twentieth-century BBC radio announcers were required to wear dinner jackets for their evening broadcasts, while disseminating the news in their correct BBC English.
- Because traditional BBC English sounded too bossy, she has a ‘mid-Atlantic’ accent.
- Members of the centre are granted access to BBC English teaching materials as well as BBC videos on its premises.
- As I understand it, traditional BBC English, in contrast, is perceived by most people as being a marked value.
- This special race, in aid of BBC Sport Relief, will feature 14 mascots representing each of the BBC English regions.