The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de cuenta
1.1(on necklace, bracelet)cuenta femeninoabalorio masculinoa string of beads — una sarta de cuentas
- The excavators found Roman glass beads from a necklace and one gaming counter.
- He deftly picks up different objects such as glass stones, beads and white metal piping and threads it aesthetically on a black cotton thread to make a necklace.
- Local craft production included the manufacture of glass and stone beads, and extensive tin, bronze, and gold working.
- He lives amidst a dizzying array of objects: church fixtures, toys, beads, bottle caps, dolls' heads, icons, candles and dominoes.
- We've noticed that Topshop is showing lots of bright red and turquoise bead bracelets and necklaces.
- I found an inflatable pink backpack, a bead necklace and a giant bone on my walk, not all in the same place.
- Both gloves are dotted with clusters of tiny pearl beads.
- Both of these drummers are wearing long strands of beads, which may be initiation necklaces.
- A pen case worn by the figure helps to identify the image as an author: a set of prayer beads in his left hand demonstrates his piety.
- Anyone can attach beads to a piece of shiny cloth!
- He remembered that his mother had given him some prayer beads.
- Costumes will consist of robes, jackets, skirts, trousers and tops, all made with animal skins, cotton, silks and beads.
- A devout Catholic and mother of seven, she was holding her beloved rosary beads when the end came.
- Her installation was made of crystal beads strung on transparent threads.
- We fingered our beads and said the second part of the Hail Mary or Our Father.
- Around her neck she wore a necklace of amber beads that she had inherited from her Great Aunt Caroline, who had also been her godmother.
- In order to get authentic bead jewelry, be sure to buy it where it is crafted by hand.
- The beads, pendants, and engravings were surprisingly well-preserved.
- Wealthy women might have a string of brightly coloured beads linking the two brooches across the chest.
- She had green and gold beads for all us gals to put around our necks.
1.2(of rosary)cuenta femenino
1.3(drop)gota femeninobeads of sweat/condensation — gotas de sudor/condensación
- Sometimes, I see beads of glistening sweat dropping off her forehead.
- Their limbs ached from walking so far and beads of sweat dropped onto the ground from the scorching sun.
- Seconds later, Mel was back with a towel to wipe salty beads of liquid away from Sam's face.
- Little beads of crystalline liquid began to form at the ends of his eyes.
- When I drew the study curtains it was to see that it'd been raining during the night and that while there was a lovely bit of warming sunshine, it glittered off of the beads of moisture on the lawn.
- Again this morning, beads of moisture on the windshield.
- The cool humidity of the low hanging clouds forms beads of moisture on the surface of each stone.
- Plasma bolts smacked into the table, dropping hissing beads of steel onto the floor.
- A big head that is comprised of large bubbles, coupled with beads of bubbles rising through the beer, is evidence of high levels of carbonation.
- My home on Sunday became a place of carefree fun, little wet boys running to and fro, glistening beads of moisture running down their soft nubile chests.
- The fog made tiny beads of moisture on the fine hairs of Theresa's mink as they walked from the parked car to Davies Symphony Hall.
- He stood there holding it, examining its shimmering steel, the beads of moisture rolling off of it.
- A group of ducks were bobbing off to the right, dipping their heads beneath the surface and returning seconds later, with beads of water rolling off their waxy feathers.
- IT'S a freezing December day on the snow-covered mountains of Austria, but Darwen snowboarder Cindy Meller already has beads of perspiration on her forehead.
- But once the pallbearers had executed their duties perfectly in the full gaze of the nation, their strained faces were clearly shown to be glistening with beads of perspiration.
- She wiped the beads of sweat from her forehead, and continued to daydream of Alaska.
- Making his way to one of the deep blue glass pillars that adorned the laboratory, he gently swept some beads of condensation off the surface.
- By the time I'd turned on the engine in the drive and found my coat and gloves, the only frost traces that remained were beads of water easily flicked away by a swish of each set of wipers.
- Despite the cold, a single clear bead of sweat slid down her chest.
- Just standing in the dugout with the suit on, sweat rolled down my face, forming a seemingly huge bead at the end of my nose.
- She stopped to wipe another bead of sweat from her forehead when a large shadow appeared and offered a little welcome relief from the sun.
- I was appreciating each bead of water that hit my body.
2(on gun)punto de mira masculinomira globular femenino
- He was in the bathroom, he said, when he noticed the red bead of an automatic weapon's sighting trained on him.
- Rather, they decided on a single fixed-leaf rear sight with a gold bead front sight.
- It was off to Hamilton Bowen to be bead blasted and re-blued.
- Bit-by-bit the bead of a gun sight assembled in her mind's eye and nestled between his thick eyebrows.
- I am pretty certain that your gun's bead is threaded, but I don't know the size offhand.
3(on tire)talón masculino
- This is the distance between the vertical edges of the rim where the tire bead seats.
- Wetting the beads of the tire and/or the mounting surfaces in the rim is important because it makes a better seal against the rim and slides easily onto the bead seat.
- This refers to diameter of the metal ring, on which the bead of the tire rests.
- Styled Wheels do not have the normal recess inside of the bead for standard hubcaps to mount into.
- This makes it imperative that you only push one bead into the valley at a time, since there is not room for both in there, as there often is with a Mavic UST rim.
- And if you put Slime or another sealant in them, which I recommend, this lubricates the installation of the final few inches of bead as well.
- Nail or screw a 2X2 piece of wood flush with the bottom of the ledger, and lay a bead of sealant at the joint to prevent water infiltration.
1his face was beaded with sweat — tenía la cara cubierta de gotas de sudor
- She came out of the bathroom with the pictures of the training facility, then used her mini blow dryer to dry the water which beaded the surface of the prints.
- Flowers with their petals recently beaded with rain drops have a unique appeal, the very epitome of freshness.
- The answer is in the minute details of the leaf structure at the surface which beads water and directs it off the leaf, containing a load of dust and other particles.
- The tankard of beer was beaded with condensation and deliciously cold.
- ‘Because once wouldn't be enough,’ he replied at last, tears beading his cheeks again.
- Moisture is beaded on the windshield of the pick-up.
- For example, the film opens in a rainstorm and you can see every drop of water beading on Harry's jacket; later on, there's a night scene in which grain explodes from the screen.
- Like water beading on the surface of a freshly waxed car, the palladium formed granular clusters just a few nanometers across.
- With moisture still beading on my skin, I took to my heels, only to run face first into someone's chest.
- I wanted to imagine Gabe's arms around me, but I just felt prickly from the temperature and the sweat beading my skin.
- Two glasses of iced tea sat on the counter, beaded with condensation.
- ‘You're an idiot,’ I told myself as I let the hot steamy water bead down my body.
- Tanner felt sweat bead on his upper lip: he had to stay still.
- Vivienne struggled for an answer, feeling sweat bead along her nape and along her forehead, where her dark hair was already hanging limply from her shower.
- Sweat beaded and fell from his brow like raindrops.
- Sweat beaded on his forehead, and his shaking hands betrayed his feelings… He wanted to kill Jennifer, with every ounce of neural power in his mind.
- I started, beaded in a cold sweat, breathing hard.
- ‘You'll end up in Hell,’ Vincent interrupted, forcing out his words as sweat beaded on his forehead.
- The water beaded and rolled off of ashen pinions.
- Sweat beaded off her forehead and landed on her pillow.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!