Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Enter the bean counter as Southwest's costs grow
- A bean counter will say you should respond by cutting in other places, which usually means shifting the burden onto other people, especially your employees.
- As a small business owner, you are not only the head honcho, but also the bean counter, chief salesman, IT boffin, tax specialist and marketing guru too.
- For that, the steady hand of the bean counter is required and not the vision of the prospector manager.
- Working in political theatre is even tougher, particularly if you start off as a student with a massive overdraft to clear and the wages of a bean counter.
- Professor Roland Kaye, CIMA's president, delivered a pre-dinner speech in which he tried to give friendly advice about how to distinguish between management accountants and other bean counter types.
- Before his media-management career, Johnson was a trained bean counter at KPMG Peat Marwick - the perfect stereotype of the new breed of newspaper bosses.
- Maybe it's because he was a bean counter before he ventured into the world of custom knifemaking as a diversion to his somewhat formal career.
- Somebody with a bean counter's soul has probably tabulated the waterfalls, as well.
- No, that decision had been made long ago by a faceless bean counter who had calculated he was now a risk.
- However, for the chief financial officer - a key post in any organization - the role of corporate bean counter is only part of the job.
- The move from corporate bean counter to real estate mogul has been a profitable one.
- But the mild-mannered former bean counter who succeeded extrovert entrepreneur Jimmy Lai at the helm of Giordano in 1994 wasn't talking about profit slumps, redundancies or store closures.
- The long-time private CEO for the Kerry Stokes empire is himself a quiet, effective, tough Scottish bean counter.
- Now the stereotype has morphed from the boring little bean counter to the mad, incompetent and corrupt fool placing the financial security of millions at risk.
- The totals, if scrutinized, could possibly make the most seasoned bean counter blush.
- Instead of requiring companies to record what their pension investments actually earn each year, accounting rules allow bean counters to assume a constant annual return.
- They are temples to the French way of food which must surely never be allowed to come under the control of bean counters and marketing men.
- It's no accident that the cheerfully cluttered workshop is three miles across town from the suits and bean counters at Williams-Sonoma's corporate headquarters.
- The bean counters know that marketing matters.