Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(dial)bicho masculine informal
- It was very nice indeed but I have to fight the urge to be TOO tidy, so the wee bugs and beasties have somewhere to overwinter.
- The simplest approach is to hold that there are three: animals, plants, and wee beasties.
- Despite my love of beasties generally, the larvae of the gooseberry sawfly are top of my hit list at the moment.
- But I'd like to know whether it's possible, or if there are even any pygmy jerboa now living in North America, just to satisfy my own sort of obsessive curiosity about these wee little beasties.
- I've got three in a shady corner, grazing on flying beasties.
- With regard to wee garden-dwelling beasties, it is important to sort out the friends from the foes.
- There are numerous bugs, beasties and lurgies out there waiting to attack your trees and shrubs.
- My sister Jill was having nightmares about bugs and beasties and snakes on my behalf.
- House dust mite being the wee beastie that lives in carpets, cushions and bedding, and seems to provoke asthma.
- I must admit that the wee beasties were really trying to be helpful, as their housecleaning instincts struggled to emerge sensibly into a world whose method of organization fell far short of their stringent standards.
- Secondly, reference books, for example the major avifaunas and standard works on the identification of Britain's flowers, bryophytes, moths and other beasties I may encounter.
- Proietto bases his daily menu on whatever the Chioggia fish market has to offer; the wee beasties are cooked, or marinated, the same way Venetians do them at home.
- It's a tourist spot between Minehead and Taunton housing all manner of wee tropical beasties, and it was a regular destination for school outings when we both went to Taunton School.
- These wee beasties can ruin a holiday if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- You're petrified of these poor wee beasties!
- The vented roofs of Caribbean housing are great for surviving the high gusts of a tropical storm but lousy at keeping out uninvited wee beasties.
- Japanese beetle traps attract the beasties from miles around, so let your neighbors do the trapping.
- While adults will be tantalised by the sweeping vistas and stunning landscapes of the 1,530-hectare tree-lined valley, children will probably pay more attention to the beasties roaming at ground level.
- The resultant compost is a fantastic soil improver, and it usually comes with a healthy population of beasties and micro-organisms which will contribute to your soil's health once incorporated into it.
- The warm, sunny weather broke on our last day, but the persistent drizzle didn't deter us from visiting the wilds of Dalton-in-Furness, where we came face to face with beasties of all description.