Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(an assault)paliza feminine
- Does he carry on for a couple of seasons facing the inevitable day when someone younger comes along and finally manages to give him a good old-fashioned beating-up?
- If he went aboard without an authority to do so he would risk a beating-up.
- For about a month after that an orgy of brutal beatings up and assaults upon Prisoners of War irrespective of rank occurred.
- Beatings-up in the street are dismissed on the ground that they took place "in the heat of battle."
- The beating up had been cleverly done, for his face had been left untouched.