Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- ‘Instead of picking up a ripe beefsteak tomato and smelling it to see if it is right for a salad, these chefs are saying, ‘What do you have that's new?’
- But I was struggling to eat it all, and my son was only able to manage a fraction of his half-pound all-American burger, served with bacon and melted cheese in a bap garnished by mayonnaise, lettuce and beef tomato, good as it tasted.
- Likewise with the tomatoes - the farm is growing cherry, vine and beef tomatoes as well as everyday salad tomatoes - and the raspberries, strawberries and gooseberries growing in neatly tended plots beside the drive.
- From the petite plates, I was seduced by a salad of peeled and seeded beefsteak tomatoes, now coming into their summer peak.
- Jayne chose the only vegetarian option that night - beef tomatoes filled with sautéed vegetables (courgettes, carrots, parsnips and onions) on a lemon confit.
- Nick chose chevre grill: grilled goats' cheese on beef tomatoes and ciabatta bread.