Learn English Grammar From A–Z
adjective beefier, beefiest
1fornido(invariable adjective) cachas Spain informal
- It wasn't until Sophia felt a heavy hand on her shoulder and Keeran got the same beefy hand grabbing his muscular shoulder that they broke apart.
- Sam, with his muscles, only had to take off his t-shirt to be tapped on the shoulder by a beefy Dutchman on holiday.
- ‘Right away, honey,’ said the man, swinging a white towel over one beefy shoulder.
- The man then leaned over and tapped the jock on a beefy shoulder.
- He grinned, revealing a mouthful of rotted and missing teeth, and slung a beefy arm over her shoulder.
- And then he finds an actor who seems to purposefully carry the weight and fate of the world on his broad, beefy shoulders.
- He's a handsome guy, beefy and apparently well built, though it's tough to tell when he's wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
- She had already extracted two of her bags, and all that was left was her small box shaped one with everything she held precious inside, by the time Chris had come back, with two men behind him, they were strong, beefy men.
- Fortunately for me, the rugby and football players were beefy and strong; they held their ground, and for that, I was immensely glad.
- The monster had four huge arms (two on each side of its body), and two strong beefy legs.
- A strange man came up the gaming table and put a beefy hand on James's shoulder.
- The young soldier's competitor was a big burly man with beefy arms and legs the size of tree trunks, while the young duelist was small and scrawny - barely half the big man's size.
- They both were beefy and middle aged with the sort of forgettable, flabby face so characteristic of law enforcement.
- I felt like twisting my arm away from him, but his grip was so strong for a guy who was not that beefy.
- A 28-to 44-year-old, beefy, shaved head, easygoing buddy for inspiration!
- "I went to my GP and was referred to Tameside Hospital, but they just said: ‘You're a beefy lad, there's nothing to worry about’.
- And if this is a trendsetter, our action sequences are not going to have beefy people flexing their muscles or lean and steely acrobats performing somersaults anymore.
- At 6am the following morning - inconveniently before chow was served - a beefy Chicano guard approached my cell.
- Two beefy secret service agents guard the door.
- She at first calmly asked him to stop, but when he persisted, two beefy security guards threw him out.