The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1to make a beeline for sb/sth — irse derechito a algn/algo informal
- James kept walking toward the front of the school in a straight beeline for their rented silver Nissan Altima.
- He zoomed in and out of the slower traffic, making a direct beeline for the USS Golden Phoenix.
- The beeline sidewalk that shot straight up to the front door was ripped out and replaced by a gently curving, gently climbing brick-lined path.
- At the jetty were two naval ships, including INS Tir, welcoming beelines of visitors on board.
- We kind of made a beeline along with everyone else.
- Customers are forming a beeline at the city's malls to grab those coveted garments for the super sales on designer labels.
- 1980 saw a beeline of American diplomats and officials coming to Kashmir.
- Not because they have to shell out huge sums, but for the simple reason that they have to spend half their day crawling to the counters in a beeline.
- There will be a beeline in the front of the physio room after the hard day's work.
- I beeline to the bathroom, and Mr. Misunderstood beelines for the bar.
- Oh, perfect, I thought as I lunged from the sofa, barreled out the door and started sprinting in a beeline to the liquor store three blocks away.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!