Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- (plural beet)
1also sugar beetremolacha azucarera feminine
- In agriculture the main products are meat and dairy, potatoes, sugar beets, barley, wheat, and turnips.
- It also contained two to three times the sugar content of sugar cane or sugar beets - think sugared cereal for cows.
- The main crops are wheat, corn, sugar beets, sunflower seeds, and wine grapes.
- Its agricultural crops are wheat, potatoes, sugar beets, barley, grapes, and cheese.
- Maize and beet are widely grown in the Park by organic and non-organic farmers as livestock fodder crops.
- Sweet stuff, usually white when processed, sometimes brown, made from sugar beets or sugarcane…
- Major crops are wheat and other grains, sugar beets, and potatoes.
- Finally I took pity on the leaf beet plants outside which were still looking rather sad, and repotted them into fresh compost.
- I also planted out the leaf beet seeds - they're not so large but they will do equally well outside.
- Slugs are attacking my leaf beet leaves growing in one of the containers on the patio.
- Relatively easy to grow, beets are hardy and grow best in cool weather.
- The surrounding farmers raise sugar beets, corn, and sunflowers for oil.
- The major crops grown by large agricultural enterprises are grain, sunflower seeds, and sugar beets.
- We have to build these tools for sugar beets because very few members of its plant family have been mapped.
- It costs twice as much to produce sugar from the beet grown in Europe than from the cane grown elsewhere.
- We plant successive crops of beets all season long, so they are almost always available to include.
- Another major industry concern is the tendency of mud and soil to stick to sugar beets at harvest, embedded in natural ridges.
- Most sugar beets are rough and grooved, so lots of soil sticks to them when they're pulled from the ground.
- Since it is derived from sugar beets, it contains a rich spectrum of nutrients.
- Europeans actually get their sugar from sugar beets which is laughable.
2US(beetroot)remolacha femininebetabel masculine Mexicobetarraga feminine Chile