Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- He was a bit crude and matter-of-fact in his dialogue, though he did promise me a box of Belgian chocolates.
- I like Belgian chocolates but I'd soon get sick of eating them all day.
- Homemade chocolate brulée made with Belgian chocolate - well, who could resist?
- Once in 1961 after they were married, and twice years later during a period of Belgian marriage guidance.
- I've found Belgian guests like their own space and don't like questions.
- Their actions led to them being filmed by Belgian television crews.
- Now the production team, which is mainly comprised of Belgian engineers, is offering to rent out demo models.
- Hobeika said he was willing to testify in the lawsuit and met Belgian officials yesterday.
- There's a good selection of Belgian beers.
- He paused before a tray of Belgian chocolates, and examined them carefully.
- They broadcast a film on Belgian television last week from which the clip above was taken.
- She found a historical film made in 1959 by Belgian missionaries and took it to Rwanda.
- However, under Belgian law couples must take part in a civil ceremony prior to any church service.
- The ship later came free with the rising tide and was anchored in Belgian waters for a damage inspection.
- They also owned a van with British registration plates found by Belgian police at the scene.
- We believe the decision was highly influenced by Belgian politics.
- It was set up in 1973 as a non-profit-making organization under Belgian law.
- Recent information suggests that the game is in fact of Belgian origin.
- There were, though, Belgian police officers on the majority of the steps between the supporters.
- The bureau is confident of attracting more Dutch, German and Belgian visitors.
1belga masculine, feminine
- As Belgians became emphatically European, their own national identity was increasingly under question.
- The Danes, Belgians and Italians are more relaxed still with their working weeks of fewer than 39 hours.
- And also she has scoured the world to see what successful countries like the Russians and the Belgians are doing.
- They reported that the fatalities also include three Danes, two Swedes, two Belgians and one French.
- Russians and Belgians had their shops smashed if they were in the way of the mob or went unrecognized as allies.
- On the surface the discussions between the French and Belgians were cordial, but in reality each side was suspicious of the other.
- After the Second World War many Belgians and Italians came to France to rebuild.
- The French and Spanish then came through and in an exciting finish the Belgians held off a comeback by the Irish to take the bronze.
- Suddenly the Belgians are exciting and confident and the nation is daring to hope once more.
- The legal system is based on traditional tribal customs and the German and French models introduced by the Belgians.
- The award is rarely received by foreign nationals and the pair are the first Belgians to be honoured in this way.
- Olivier explained that village carvers had made the sculptures in response to orders from Belgians.
- Tomorrow play begins at 9:30 as the Belgians have to catch a flight home.
- What this says about the Belgians relative to the Dutch, I don't know.
- The only effect would be a lot more miserable Belgians.
- But the Belgians refused to believe that he was serious about relinquishing their nationality.
- Last Tuesday, December 14th, the spotlight was on some Belgians who have come to work in Ireland.
- Yet in a 1952 referendum the Belgians voted in favour of keeping the monarchy.
- The Belgians sponsored a compromise which attempted to address linguistic sensitivities.
- Both of the Belgians are on the comeback trail having spent last year struggling with injury or illness.