Learn English Grammar From A–Z
señal luminosa intermitente en un cruce peatonal(in UK)
- However at 16% of pedestrian crossings at least one of the Belisha beacons was not operating.
- By 1951 the black and white stripes, with Belisha beacons on either side of the road, were approved as ‘Zebra’ crossings; the first officially installed in Slough.
- When the village school was built in the 19th century all was quiet, but by 1955 it was getting busier - there are Belisha beacons across School Lane.
- But what they're going to do is put a Belisha beacon crossing here and then put more streetlights on top of the Belisha beacon.
- On British road sign poles, apart from Belisha beacons, we lost our white stripes many years ago and they are now plain black.
- One of the oldest and most recognisable road safety devices in the UK, the Belisha Beacon, is to get a makeover more than 70 years after it was introduced.
- There is usually a Belisha beacon at each side of the crossing.
- The scheme involves improving the lighting and installing internally lit up poles to the 59 belisha beacons at all 26 zebra crossing locations in the city.