Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The official language is Belarusian, but Russian is also widely spoken.
- Most Belarusians speak two or three languages, usually including Belarusian and Russian.
- Its formative period was during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, and culminated in the sixteenth century when Francisk Skaryna, a publisher, humanist, scientist, and writer, published the first book - the Bible - in Belarusian.
- The Grand Duchy had two official languages Lithuanian and Belarusian (or a Slavic variant of it).
- I got bored with the landscape and decided to learn a bit of Belarusian.
- Most of the population in this region spoke Ruthenian, an old form of Belarusian, while Polish became the language of administration and the ruling nobility.
2(person)bielorruso masculinebielorrusa feminine
- A series of terrific performances from the Belarusian contributed, in no small measure, to Arsenal's impressive progress into the Champions League semi-finals.
- He was born in the northeastern part of Poland in a community of ethnic Belarusians.
- Some Belarusians, satisfied with the economic security the state provides, are critical of Poland's efforts to promote democracy.
- It has opened its universities to hundreds of Belarusians who lost their right to study at home for political reasons.
- Polled in 2006, around 25 per cent of Belarusians said they attend church at least once a month; the equivalent Russian figure was only 11 per cent.
- They are generally perceived as luxury products, expensive and largely unaffordable to most Belarusians.
- Liverpool's weakness was most stark just before half-time when the Belarusians created four chances inside two chaotic minutes.
- The Bundesliga giants were somewhat surprisingly beaten in the away game against the Belarusians, and Neuer is pleased his side got their revenge at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday.
- Dinamo began this season with five Canadians on the roster, although some of those players have become naturalized Belarusians.
- The former Barcelona player has revealed it was a great feeling to get one over the German giants and claims the Belarusians always believed they could cause an upset
- The project provides young Belarusians with analytical and critical framework for the evaluation of political processes.
- The Belarusians had held a commanding 2-0 advantage heading into the second leg thanks to their 2-0 win over their opponents in Borisov a week ago.
- The Belarusian took just under 90 minutes to complete a 6-1 6-4 win against her Romanian opponent, quashing any concerns over her fitness.
- The talented Belarusian started his NHL career with the Montreal Canadiens in 2006-07 but was traded to rival Toronto in July of 2008.