Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1paliza feminineto give sb a belting — darle una paliza a algn
- The campaign is a learning process and, as any schoolboy once knew, that tends to include a couple of beltings.
- After a public belting in the street, Effie dragged him back to the shop by his ear, forcing him to apologise to the shopkeeper and replace the lot.
- But most of all, we are still nothing like as preoccupied with appearance as the French, and in this country, a good father would no more criticise how his daughter looked than give her a belting.
- Mr Davis, an engineer from Chiswick, stated: ‘Personally, I'd give them a good belting.’
- We weren't allowed to speak our native tongue at high school; I got a belting from the principal a couple of times.