Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1suplente masculine, feminine
- On his watch, the better players reportedly grossed $1,000 per month, while benchwarmers averaged $600.
- Compare the top quarterback in a minor football league to a benchwarmer with the Dallas Cowboys, for instance.
- What's more, he had done this - reducing the role of former stars while adding playing time and instilling confidence in former benchwarmers - while keeping the team cohesive, upbeat, and reading from the same playbook.
- Would it have killed Perez to spend a little bit of money to secure one or two average, reliable benchwarmers?
- He's been a benchwarmer, an NFL Europe experiment, an instant success, an injury waiting to happen, a free-agent prize, a near bust, a Pro Bowler and a Super Bowl champ.
- Compared to growing up, Rose figured life as an NBA benchwarmer was not so bad.
- Sports fans know how far benchwarmers will take you.
- No player this season has gone from benchwarmer to franchise stud like Randolph.
- Much maligned when he was Liverpool's most expensive benchwarmer, Friedel is now much praised as Blackburn Rovers' top backstop.
- But if either approaches his former talent level, Offerman will become a highly paid benchwarmer.
- Take a pass in hopes that next season's offerings will bring a change of pace to this career benchwarmer.