Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural bendy buses
1autobús articulado masculinebus articulado masculineautobús oruga masculine Spainbus oruga masculine Chile
- Yes, we're talking the purging of bendy buses.
- Last week the 507 was operated by the "writhing whales of the road" - Boris's much-derided bendy buses.
- I think I'll hop on the free bendy bus to Whitechapel instead.
- For them the great epochal challenge facing London is bendy buses.
- You'd never choose to view the Christmas lights down Oxford Street, for example, from a bendy bus.
- I just took the bendy bus on the 38 today.
- In July, the Daily Echo told how bendy buses were being forced off certain routes through Southampton by free-standing speed humps.
- Planning to replace only bendy buses won't reinstate Routemasters on their traditional routes.
- Bendy buses are totally inadequate for London roads - far too long to negotiate many of London's narrow streets safely.
- The bendy buses do cause congestion which leads to pollution.
- State-of-the-art bendy buses are being bumped off Southampton streets for good by troublesome speed ramps.
- Ah, happy days - you couldn't do that with a bendy bus.
- The rest, it seemed, would wait for the bendy bus.
- Transport for London have come up with what they hope will be a solution to this problem - bendy buses.
- Portsmouth have got their act together with an infrastructure that's compatible with bendy buses.
- There is no doubt that the replacement for the bendy buses will lead to a worse service for Londoners.
- My nephew said he saw a double decker bendy bus on the M62 the other week.
- Perhaps we could have the bendy buses back or some of the many double-deckers that are half full on lesser routes.
- Regular readers will recall that three bendy buses last year spontaneously combusted, provoking a temporary withdrawal of the entire fleet.
- I am no great fan of bendy buses.