Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1benefactor masculinebenefactora feminine
- It would be remiss of me not to recognise the contributions of our benefactors and the support of our social partners.
- Open to the public and free to attend, the event has been made possible by generous support from club benefactors and sponsors.
- News that a mystery benefactor has chipped in money to provide City with more time to find a buyer will further boost morale.
- ‘At the time of the most terrible test, friends and benefactors didn't lift a finger,’ he said.
- Mr Thompson thanked the committee members and those who provided the comforts, as well as benefactors and subscribers.
- All of this has been made possible by the generous contributions of many benefactors at home and abroad.
- Now the school is hoping that a sponsor or a benefactor will come forward to help to meet the costs so that Yorkshire can be represented in the final.
- It could not have done this without the support of its many sponsors and benefactors.
- Andy was very grateful to the mystery benefactor who provided his bail money even though he had no idea who the person was.
- However, the most important element in our survival has always been our loyal subscribers and benefactors.
- The government and some wealthy benefactors support the arts.
- That tradition continues into the present day with numerous benefactors who support the arts and humanities.
- The museum is supported by private benefactors as well as awards from national entities.
- The move would make the 61-year-old tycoon one of Britain's most generous benefactors.
- Regrettably, his relatives and benefactors had neglected to provide him with any money.
- In some cases, the fraudsters have used these details to contact benefactors directly, trying to extract more money.
- They're getting together a crew and rich benefactors are putting up the money.
- Most of the money for repairs came from community businesses and local benefactors.
- New sixth form scholarships have now been created through the work of the School Foundation and generous donations from outside benefactors.
- Through our museums and galleries we have an obligation to conserve and restore the great works of art handed down to us by previous generations of benefactors.