The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of benefactor
1benefactor masculinebenefactora feminine
- It would be remiss of me not to recognise the contributions of our benefactors and the support of our social partners.
- Open to the public and free to attend, the event has been made possible by generous support from club benefactors and sponsors.
- News that a mystery benefactor has chipped in money to provide City with more time to find a buyer will further boost morale.
- ‘At the time of the most terrible test, friends and benefactors didn't lift a finger,’ he said.
- Mr Thompson thanked the committee members and those who provided the comforts, as well as benefactors and subscribers.
- All of this has been made possible by the generous contributions of many benefactors at home and abroad.
- Now the school is hoping that a sponsor or a benefactor will come forward to help to meet the costs so that Yorkshire can be represented in the final.
- It could not have done this without the support of its many sponsors and benefactors.
- Andy was very grateful to the mystery benefactor who provided his bail money even though he had no idea who the person was.
- However, the most important element in our survival has always been our loyal subscribers and benefactors.
- The government and some wealthy benefactors support the arts.
- That tradition continues into the present day with numerous benefactors who support the arts and humanities.
- The museum is supported by private benefactors as well as awards from national entities.
- The move would make the 61-year-old tycoon one of Britain's most generous benefactors.
- Regrettably, his relatives and benefactors had neglected to provide him with any money.
- In some cases, the fraudsters have used these details to contact benefactors directly, trying to extract more money.
- They're getting together a crew and rich benefactors are putting up the money.
- Most of the money for repairs came from community businesses and local benefactors.
- New sixth form scholarships have now been created through the work of the School Foundation and generous donations from outside benefactors.
- Through our museums and galleries we have an obligation to conserve and restore the great works of art handed down to us by previous generations of benefactors.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!