Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(numb)entumecerour hands were benumbed by the cold — teníamos las manos entumecidas por el frío
- Unfortunately, the audience becomes so benumbed by the endless carnage that any emotional connection to the individual players is reduced to an insulting inconsequentiality.
- Something has benumbed our consciousness against this reality.
- Those macabre photographs that benumbed the civilised world were worth a million words each.
- So he stood at the bedside, gripping his father's arm, benumbed by the emotions his father was displaying, the emotions he himself was feeling.
- The result was me holding a patient's chart in two benumbed hands while burning with humiliation at the note attached to the front: ‘Patient has decided to change oncologists.’
- He knew not what his thoughts were - his mind was benumbed and seemed to shun reflection and take refuge in vacancy.
- Not until, hungered and benumbed by cold, I found the road I sought, did I open my clenched hand, there to reveal the new-minted roughness of the silver coin given me by my mother.
- Sheree stood there benumbed by what just occurred and by the fact that despite her convictions, she had so little regrets, too.
- Behind them trailed a small escort of equally benumbed guardsmen, every one with weapons, if not in hand, then at the ready.
- The general reaction in the country has been benumbed indifference.
- My breath was stuck in my stomach, my limbs benumbed, my senses catapulted into a no-go area where terror meets exhilaration.
- Some - but not all - of the 1946 drawings are uncharacteristically laconic and slightly benumbed.
- I went about picking up mounds of dirt to drop into the pit, and my hands, already dirty with muck, became benumbed under the frigid air.
- These weeks, however, when we are gathered together benumbed and in need of each other are not the moments for critical analysis.
- In a sense, since I still can't watch with ironic or benumbed remove, my fright speaks well of a film's potency.
- Unsure whether to be relieved or paranoid, Karae unfolded her benumbed legs and lay back in the thick grass, dozing happily, taking full advantage of the calm state her meditation had bestowed on her.
- His hand left his weapon and trailed down his friend's benumbed arm.
- The lights from the cars parked outside cut through the curtains and fall on Doug's exhausted, benumbed face.
- As Cameron speaks, at last the truth sinks into Tristan's benumbed brain.
- Sitting as close to the fire as possible, I tried to warm up my benumbed fingers.