Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1reprenderamonestarto berate sb for sth — reprender / amonestar a algn por algo
- She shrieks at her sons, who berate her for not supporting the father, she weeps bitterly, tries to calm them.
- At one point, she would be berating her colleagues and the next minute she would be laughing and smiling with them like it was business as usual.
- Besides, is berating your guest as has become the custom these days the only way to get information out of someone?
- But in the meantime, let's stop berating men for not being perfect.
- I placed my permit on the dashboard, but had not even got out of the vehicle before an elderly man in an adjacent car began berating me for parking there.
- The episode they tuned into featured a mother berating her son who has just returned home after years of fighting alongside the rebels.
- Then the mom starts berating the kids about their behavior and saying that's why she never takes them anywhere.
- Protests poured in from jewellery houses and designers, berating me for ruining their business.
- We were in a theater and she was berating me for wearing open toe sandals when it was cold out.
- She berates us for publishing league tables of school achievement that are incomplete, yet will not provide the information that would make those school comparisons more compelling reading for parents.
- Instead, he berates the man for having lied about it.
- When William falls in love, James berates him, and their relations remain needlessly strained until near the end.
- My husband already berates me for running the children to nursery in the car.
- He says she berates him in the car when he picks her up for church on Sundays.
- In it, he denounces Peggy and berates his daughter for not replying to an earlier letter.
- His mother came out and berated me for raising my voice and scaring Zack.
- Angry trade unionists berated candidates as privatisation of the rail industry swept on to the election stage.
- He was unharmed after eight days' confinement, but he berated his wife for paying so much so soon.
- I read one where the whole thing starts with him being berated for being out of shape.
- Why must people be berated for telling the truth just because some people don't agree with it.