Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- This was determined to be one of the vitamins that prevented beriberi, a deficiency disease marked by inflammatory or degenerative changes of the nerves, digestive system and heart.
- The troops suffered from malaria, dengue fever, beriberi, hookworm and pellagra.
- Diseases such as beriberi and malaria have become more common as problems with sanitation have increased.
- His body was ridden with disease - beriberi, dysentery and scurvy - and his doctor's prognosis was grim.
- When they examined the explorers' journals, they found recorded a classic progression of the symptoms of thiamine deficiency, or the disease known as beriberi.