Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Emerald, a green transparent variety of beryl, was one of the most highly prized gemstones in antiquity.
- Lepidolite, beryl, tantalite, quartz crystals, and altered and unaltered petalite are some of the minerals that can be found in this district.
- Egypt was probably the only source of emerald and other green beryl for the ancient civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean region.
- Beryllium is found as the mineral beryl, a beryllium aluminum silicate.
- Since 1900 the site has sporadically produced gem tourmaline as well as rhodizite and beryl.