The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of padrino
amigo que acompaña al novio el día de la bodapadrino masculinetestigo masculine
- My best man at my wedding was my brother, but my other attendants were two groomsmaids.
- One evening as I awaited trial, my brother asked me to be the best man at his wedding.
- They had been close and Harold had been his best man at his wedding in 1942, a year after joining the RAF.
- Miles will be the best man at the wedding and has a wonderful gift in mind.
- One I have witnessed at two weddings involves the best man giving out keys to all the men before the reception.
- The film begins with Charles messing up being the best man at a wedding and then putting his foot in it at the reception.
- I recently went dry while giving a best man's speech at my friend's wedding.
- The best man or bridesmaid act as the team runner and make sure everything is okay heading into the big day.
- The best man and ushers could wear their own suits - not adding anything to the wedding bill.
- Maguire had swapped his armband for the best man role at a wedding.
- Ross questions his decision to make Joey his best man when Joey loses the wedding ring.
- Kayden had been the best man for Tyler at their wedding and had always been there for Tyler.
- At the rehearsal dinner give the best man the envelopes for all fees due at the wedding.
- The match coincided with his brother Stephen's wedding, at which John was supposed to be the best man.
- He is accompanied by three friends, one of whom lost his best man to cancer at the age of just 39.
- This one ended up being directed at comforting a friend who had been insulted by the best man and was in tears.
- Most of the school turned out to the wedding and it was her brother that was the best man.
- I hadn't seen my oldest friend since being best man at his wedding.
- One would surmise that Holmes would get suspicious by the fourth or fifth time he was asked to present a ring as the best man.
- Every best man wants his golfing-drinking-belly-dancing extravaganza to be the most fun any stag has had.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!