The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1esponsales masculine formalcompromiso (matrimonial) masculine
- Hey, I've arranged a lot of betrothals, you can't expect me to remember each one!
- Food is important at ceremonial occasions such as naming ceremonies, betrothals, marriages, and deaths.
- She had seemed so girlish, chattering on about clothes and gossiping about the recent betrothals.
- Uncertainty plagued her, following every move she made, surfacing every time anyone mentioned her betrothal.
- From the moment they were considered ready for betrothal, women were under an enormous amount of societal pressure to marry.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!