The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of bibliófilo
1bibliófilo masculinebibliófila feminine
- Though many bibliophiles would love to have a look at this collection, it has not been available in the market for long.
- The British Library is asking bibliophiles to adopt a book and save it for the nation.
- But then surprises always await bibliophiles at a book fair.
- The idea behind the renovation in the city is part of OUPs recent drive to provide greater visibility of books and set bibliophiles at ease.
- Being a bibliophile of non-fiction books has also led me to a worrying conclusion.
- And the collectors included not only bibliophiles and affected interior decorators but also biographers of famous men and the thousands of amateurs who participated in the era's terrific quest to collect and compile useful knowledge.
- The resulting 980 copies of the edition are, of necessity, rare and expensive items in their own right, destined only for the collections of bibliophiles and the world's major libraries.
- A knowledgeable bibliophile, he also assembled a collection of books utilizing various photomechanical processes that he eventually sold to the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
- While an average visitor to these fairs may leave with two or three books at the most, these seasoned bibliophiles will settle for nothing less than an armload of books each time they come to the fair.
- The papyri also suggest the presence of a wide variety of scholars, philosophers, poets and bibliophiles in Egypt and present examples of book trade, calligraphers and Greek literature in the villages.
- It was only with the proliferation of bibliophiles who often had to step over books to reach their beds, and who were at a loss to contain their books, did bookshelves become a necessity, an invention.
- My grandfather, a solicitor, was an amateur geologist and anthropologist with a special interest in Aboriginal languages, and a bibliophile who passed on his passion for books and reading to my father.
- Art books make excellent gifts for your favorite bibliophile.
- What becomes clear is that today's book buyer is different from the patient bibliophile of yesteryear.
- And like most other bibliophiles, my secret ambition is to earn a living from running the Perfect Bookshop - with squashy leather couches, warm wooden shelves, home-made cakes and, in my case, luxury yarns in the corner.
- A haven for bibliophiles - mainly because you can browse leisurely without being disturbed - the place has that friendly feel which not every bookstore can boast of, and which probably only booklovers can recognise.
- Between these, a narrow, winding rivulet-track of rugs leads up to the armchair of the happy bibliophile, who is to be seen dimly manifest amid clouds of tobacco smoke by the fireside.
- I'm a bibliophile by day and… well, the same thing by night.
- Set up by the city's most famous poet in 1919, it still retains the musty, order-through-chaos atmosphere of a true bibliophile's den.
- There were always plenty of books in our house, because my mother was a passionate bibliophile.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!