Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1cadena (de bicicleta) feminine
- To maintain propriety and to overcome the potential hazard of snagging a skirt in a bicycle chain, bicycles for women were designed without a center bar and with a wooden chain cover.
- Someone made the point that women in my books have accidents related to their femininity: one falls over from her high heels and another gets her skirt caught in a bicycle chain.
- Presumably I should follow the same guidance when spraying the oil on my bicycle chain; I should not drink it or inhale it, and should wear goggles, rubber gloves and a face mask while undertaking the operation.
- It also covers innocent items which have been adapted for causing personal injury, such as a bicycle chain attached to a handle (creating a flail), or a screwdriver sharpened to a spike.
- I saw clogs on a fan belt, shoes on a leather belt, and cowboy boots tied through the backstraps to a bicycle chain.
- In an unconnected incident earlier this week two masked men attacked a 15-year-old pupil with a bicycle chain as he walked home.
- I used to take my bicycle in front of her house, and would sometimes pretend the bicycle chain was broken or that the air had leaked out.
- The floor was covered in junk food wrappers, plastic cups and a bicycle chain.
- He admitted hitting her over the head with a bicycle chain.
- The bicycle chain appears in several works and assumes the vertebrate pattern of snakes or lizards.
- It was thrown in the trunk wrapped up in an old bicycle chain that must have been oily and the oil kept it rust free.
- Jane's bicycle chain kept coming off her bike, and I had to keep stopping to fix it for her.
- After all, it was this cutting-edge fashion designer who convinced people in the 1970s that everyday household items such as safety pins, razor blades and bicycle chains could double as fashion accessories.
- They're expected to grow and thrive in cramped growing spaces, tolerate usually poor soil, and survive car door bangs and bicycle chains.
- He posts pictures of an unique car sculpture in Dhaka, which is made out of bicycle chains, car parts and other scrap metal.
- I can hear the click click of bicycle chains and the gentle purr of cars rolling past behind me, mimicking the lapping sound of the waves.
- He originally used bed sheets, heavy bicycle chains and clunky, large canvases.