Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1pez gordo masculine informal
- Virtually everybody in the factory - the boss, or should I say the big cheese, included - is gathered round, transfixed by the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Somehow, I don't think you'd get that with an audience of big cheeses.
- Someone recommended I talk to them because they were the big cheeses when it comes to films.
- That has been the question on the lips of each of the big cheeses in charge.
- The big cheese thinks his star parties too much.
- So he was someone not to be crossed - he was a big cheese.
- In my scarlet red neckerchief, I really thought I was a big cheese.
- It is owned by an impossibly handsome young man who is a big cheese with an impeccably fashionable retail/restaurant group.
- I should have been flattered, my doctor being the big cheese now.
- What worries me is that I think I'll be working directly under one of the really big cheeses.