The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1ciencia de los grandes proyectos femenino
- And pure academic research and big science attract an even different personality type.
- Earth science is mostly small-scale and dispersed, whereas big science and medicine have bigger, more cash-rich installations with more money to devote to telling the world how worthwhile they are.
- PAUL VANOUSE has been working in emerging technological media since 1990, critically exploring the intersections of big science and popular culture.
- In effect, the New England Journal of Medicine had to grapple with the current economic realities of big science.
- But big science is not driven exclusively by problems requiring large, expensive instruments.
- That's because it's big science, and thus big politics are involved to make it happen.
- Medical physicist Prof Jones, 63, said: ‘This is really big science and it requires a whole institute set up especially to do it.’
- Mullis recommends the ‘Public Choice’ ideas of James Buchanan, 1986 Nobel prizewinning economist, to anyone trying to find out how publicly funded big science actually works.
- He has concluded that big science, well funded in Western culture, has become like the medieval church that most scientists despise.
- Dreams of big science are still being dreamed, and they are all based on the earliest dream of them all, the voyage of HMS Challenger between 1872 and 1876.
- If we're going to spend a trillion dollars on big science - something I could easily be persuaded to support - there are loads of better places for it than this.
- Their suggested schemes were judged not good enough to be viable, especially in an era when federal budget woes were putting the brakes on other big science projects.
- Thus the search for these waves, which started as small science in one professor's laboratory, ends up as a paradigmatic example of big science.
- It's not about big business or big science being evil.
- The world, in general, is a little bit skeptical of big science.
- In terms of ideas, it is the biggest of big science.
- The split between small and big science is inevitably a source of tension.
- It is just one example of the modern marriage between big science and the big screen.
- In a way, Lavoisier's science was the big science of his day.
- Well, up next, CBS anchor Dan Rather stirs up a fuss when he seems to admit that TV can't compete with print on some of the big science stories.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!