Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Waste in landfills decays in physical, chemical, and biochemical processes that may eventually render it environmentally harmless.
- All other biochemical parameters were processed within the hospital's laboratory routine service.
- Together, these two processes constitute metabolism, the sum of the biochemical processes in an organism.
- Proteins are involved in every biochemical process that maintains life in a living organism.
- The experiment also showed that two molecules could prevent the activation of a chemical which was vital to a biochemical process called proteolytic processing.
- The initiation of the neoplastic process could be caused by some biochemical substances produced during metabolism in chronically inflamed tissues.
- A little of this can benefit marine life by providing carbonate ions - a vital constituent in the biochemical process by which sea creatures such as corals and molluscs build their shells.
- Like scraps of an old manuscript traces of ancient biochemical processes survive in today's living organisms.
- The problem remains to determine whether other decisive astronomical factors in planet formation are functionally linked to the surface conditions needed for biochemical processes.
- In heavy water the hydrogen bonds are slightly stronger, and this changes the properties of the liquid sufficiently to disrupt the lubricating effect water has on biochemical processes.
- This is the building block for other plant products, as well as being the immediate source of energy for all of a plant's biochemical processes, via its respiration back to carbon dioxide and water.
- Inorganic nitrogen assimilation, in the form of ammonium, onto carbon skeletons for the production of amino acids is one of the most important biochemical processes in plants.
- The body is about 70 per cent water, and this most basic of fluids participates in all the major physiological and biochemical processes in the body.
- Salt tolerance of plants is a complex phenomenon that involves morphological and developmental as well as physiological and biochemical processes.
- They might also influence free radicals: atoms with unpaired electrons that are highly reactive and play a part in all sorts of biochemical processes.
- It is metabolised by the skin cells' normal biochemical pathways within 48 hours and so does not lead to prolonged photosensitisation.
- Thus, it is possible that HR could be the consequence of a biochemical process that is actually killing both host and those of the infecting organism.
- The results of the mature seed composition analysis are presented as concentrations in order to reflect processes at the biochemical level in the seeds.
- Many biochemical substances, principally of placental and endothelial origin, increase in pre-eclampsia.
- Further elucidation of the biochemical processes in these animal models of myopia may have implications for treating myopia in humans.