Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The development of DNA detection by electronic amplification is expected to be critical to the field of bioelectronics and have applications in the computing, gene analysis, tissue matching, and forensic fields.
- While biomedical and life sciences applications accounted for 99% of the biosensor and other bioelectronics market in 2003, their marketshare is projected to slip slightly to 97% by 2009.
- Future applications of bioelectronic systems may include computation devices and prosthetic units.
- Leading medical research into bioelectronics is focusing on diagnosis, detection and monitoring of medical conditions.
- The need for biosensors in this field must be analyzed more critically, to assess in which direction the developing biosensor technology can be most effectively aimed and which areas need a more focused approach from basic research in bioelectronics.