Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Microscopic examination of the gastric biopsies revealed the presence of cellular infiltrate in the mucosa and submucosa.
- Ultrasound examination and core biopsies confirm the diagnosis.
- In these cases, mistakes frequently are made during examination of endoscopic biopsies.
- After blood tests and a biopsy, Coeliac disease was confirmed and he was told to give up gluten.
- The blandness of the spindle cells was so impressive as to dissuade us from a malignant diagnosis on preoperative biopsies.
- An alternative approach is cryopreservation of slices or biopsies of ovarian tissue, which contain many thousands of immature oocytes.
- It is still unknown to what extent bronchial biopsies capture pathology at this more peripheral location.
- Finally, all women underwent thorough colposcopic examination, including directed biopsies.
- Among the available follow-up surgical biopsies, no malignant diagnoses were made.
- We examined only cervical biopsies in this study, and the results obtained may not be generalizable to other biopsy types.
- In addition, later biopsies may show disease progression or regression.
- Despite this second assessment, there were still no subtle features of coeliac disease on the initial biopsy.
- While awaiting an appointment for the result of the biopsies, the patient discovered she was pregnant.
- A tentative diagnosis of rabies was made on a biopsy and confirmed at autopsy.
- Clearly blood tests, radiography, biopsies, and other technology based evaluations qualify.
- The patient would probably benefit from doing transbronchial biopsies with the lavage if that is the prime consideration.
- Colonoscopy is preferable to a barium enema because it allows for the biopsy and removal of lesions.
- Surgical biopsies of paraffin-embedded lung tissue, if available, were reviewed by a lung pathologist.
- Furthermore, endoscopic biopsies may not be sufficient to make the diagnosis, often requiring a surgical resection.
- For example, invasive procedures such as needle biopsies are guided by ultrasound images.