Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- If chromosomes 1 and 2 are genetically more identical, as are chromosomes 3 and 4, there are three different combinations for the bivalent chromosome pairing.
- Note that the bivalent sex chromosome remaining in the vicinity of the equator appears to be oriented to the poles.
- Because only homologous chromosomes pair, allopolyploids strictly exhibit bivalent formation (two chromosomes pair) at meiosis and undergo disomic inheritance for each locus.
- A bivalent B chromosome was removed directly from a pachytene slide by a micromanipulator.
- Slides containing F 2 worms were screened for the presence of worms with diakinesis nuclei exhibiting more than six chromatin masses (indicating failure in bivalent formation).