Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(black color)negrura feminine
- The ring's low height and shiny blackness suggest an experimental apparatus.
- The disparity seems further exaggerated by the size and blackness of the soldier's hat.
- These three mezzotints have a gorgeous inky blackness out of which roofs in his typical style are all but subsumed.
- Their horizontally biased edges, along with their blackness, tie them together and also relate them to the colored bands above and below.
- She was the one who stood out from the general indistinguishable blackness of the singers' garb.
- There flows a ruddier light through the blood-colored panes, and the blackness of the sable drapery appalls.
- The sun was blocked out by the blackness of the clouds.
- The figure on the throne was grinning maliciously beneath the blackness of his hood.
- Consider the whiteness of the sword, not the blackness of the letters.
- The blackness of the breast stripe was calculated by averaging the gray values of the pixels.