Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In the alternate world site, players pick jobs and produce goods: blacksmiths make iron tools; tailors make shirts.
- The tapestry of life bent around him, its threads flowing, bending to his will like iron before a blacksmith's anvil.
- They could be repaired by local blacksmiths, a process that usually involved laying on a new steel bit.
- The original Acadians and Cajuns were farmers, herders, and ranchers, but they also worked as carpenters, coopers, blacksmiths, fishermen, shipbuilders, trappers, and sealers.
- Some beautiful damascus gun barrels were made as blacksmiths intertwined the contrasting colors of iron into artistic patterns.
- There were blacksmiths, carpenters and stonemasons who built and repaired dwellings.
- It is a pity that we never thought of the thousands of cobblers, weavers or blacksmiths who were crowded out because of globalisation.
- The film records the last blacksmiths' building of a traditional iron smelting furnace.
- The wide central street we rode upon was flanked by shops of every kind; blacksmiths, bakers, weavers, all going about their business.
- Although the young town had its own blacksmiths, wheelwrights, shoemakers and ropemakers, it never developed its own business centre.
- Originally fashioned from wrought iron designed and forged by blacksmiths, today's ornamental fencing is crafted using modern materials and current production techniques.
- This was a great industrial town, having blacksmiths, wagon builders, coopers, weavers, millers, molders, and toolmakers.
- Shops and open markets lined the streets, blacksmiths and leather shops had iron workings and hides tanning outside.
- The magazine's second solution was for blacksmiths to learn automobile and tractor repair.
- He walks to a blacksmith and procures a hot forging iron that he plans to use in retaliation.
- Such workers - for the most part blacksmiths, weavers, and potters - traditionally constituted a distinct class, almost a separate caste.
- So far, 59 students have registered for the program here, where they will have hands on training to become carpenters, blacksmiths or electricians.
- In response, the poor fought back, organising themselves into amateur guerrilla groups and arming themselves with guns made by local blacksmiths.
- We don't have many blacksmiths or typewriter makers these days.
- Now he is working with a blacksmith to produce a metal band to hold the trunk together.