Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1aparejo de poleas masculinemufla feminine
- We have bent a number of bows using a steam box and a jig with a block and tackle and pulleys to bend them around a form.
- There was clearly no time to rig a block and tackle to winch the casualty on board.
- A block and tackle can contain as many pulleys as you like, although at some point the amount of friction in the pulley shafts begins to become a significant source of resistance.
- When thirty feet of ice stood in their way, they used ice anchors, lines, and a block and tackle to pull the 3,000-pound craft out of the water, across the ice and into the next channel.
- Since the Egyptians made no use of block and tackle methods, or cranes, it is usually assumed that wooden and bronze levers were used to manoeuvre the blocks into position.