Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(large number of votes)voto en bloque masculine
- In part, that was because rule changes reduced the power of the block vote.
- And although he broke the trade union block vote at the party conference, his longer-term strategy for Labour was not entirely clear.
- As with last year, a secret panel will be awarding a single block vote to the value of an extra 20 per cent of the evening's total vote.
- As one might expect, he won the position by utilising the block vote, with his cronies casting thousands of votes on his behalf.
- Whether it will stop him becoming leader is unclear but he clearly cannot count on a Scottish block vote to help him.
- The resolution to remove the board was defeated despite a block vote in favour of it from one particular management company.
- The block vote does not exist in British political contests.
- Labour may not like to admit it, but the block vote saved the party from extinction in the 1980s by curbing the centrifugal forces that were tearing it apart.
- He fought to end the block vote in party elections.
- This had the effect of ending the union block vote.
- The most powerful shareholders are the institutional investors, the rich who wield a block vote.
- We must ensure the block vote is not again sent down to London for mass-counting.
- This is the month when individual choice on television is marginalised by a block vote.
- In forty-eight of the fifty states the Electoral College votes cast by each state towards the election of the President are by tradition delivered as a bloc vote.
- I encourage you to change your voter registration to the district where your university is located, and become a block vote that your local politicians will have to deal with.
- On another plane, every other identifiable group - religious or caste - is being wooed by various political parties to secure their block vote.
- They are the ones who would know because the ministries are given a block vote for consultancies.
2(voting method)voto por delegación masculine