Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1vaso sanguíneo masculine
- A catheter is a thin, hollow, flexible tube that is gently pushed through the blood vessel towards the coronary arteries.
- But when a clot forms in or above the knee, there is a risk that it will break away and travel up the vein to block a blood vessel in the lung.
- Did the bullet penetrate both lungs and exit without striking a major blood vessel in the lung tissue?
- Very occasionally the clot moves to the lungs and blocks a blood vessel, which is a medical emergency.
- He was stabbed three times, suffering a fatal wound to the aorta, the major blood vessel from the heart.
- This is the blood vessel that bypasses a baby's lungs before birth.
- In these cases, it is possible for air to be introduced directly to a blood vessel from outside the body.
- However, with any head injury there is a chance that a blood vessel in the brain could have been damaged.
- As with any injection, the physician should first aspirate to ensure that the needle is not in a blood vessel.
- Each blood vessel must be closed and reattached to the new area in a process that's meant to last six hours.
- But blood is only supposed to clot when it is outside a blood vessel.
- Usually the sample is taken out of a blood vessel in your arm.
- An ultrasound device then measured how well the blood vessel responded to the sudden increase in flow.
- When a blood vessel breaks, platelets gather in the area and help seal off the leak.
- It can be used to close off a blood vessel or remove small growths.
- The bleeding may occur externally via a wound or an injured blood vessel near the surface, as in a nosebleed.
- Grypps' knuckles were turning white, and he could feel a blood vessel in his forehead pulsing.
- As a result, the surgeon decided to dilate the narrowed blood vessel using balloon inflation.
- His eyes had focused on her throat, sharp vision detecting a blood vessel under the delicate skin.
- I could tell she was on the edge… if she didn't calm down she could burst a blood vessel!