The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of censurar
transitive verb blue-penciling, blue-penciled, blue-pencilling, blue-pencilled
- I've been blue-pencilled by madmen, seriously deranged obsessives and fiends in human shape before now.
- Also, true excellence in writing will be quickly blue-penciled into oblivion.
- Before the web, when writing that became publicly available had first to pass under the watchful eye of a sub-editor, such formations would have been blue-pencilled into conventional forms.
- We are still in the ethereal realm of speculation: if the manuscripts of the author's novels have been preserved with the editor's blue-pencilling, they will make for an interesting study.
- This notion of ‘invisible letters,’ in turn blue-penciled in revision, makes all the more telling the poet's deletion of the phrase that identified the cryptic ‘N.C.’ of his dedication as ‘our long old love’.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!