Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1balseros masculinebalseras feminine
- It was reported recently that a number of violent criminals paid big money to join the Vietnamese boat people to come to Australia.
- Except for a small community of former boat people, Vietnam has no supportive overseas ethnic connection.
- Like North Sea oil, Vietnamese boat people, German wine and inflation - it was everywhere at the time.
- The rules will be tougher than under Australian law, but then, most of the boat people ARE refugees.
- When boat people arrive to flee tyranny in other South East Asian countries they are treated as if they are rough criminals.
- Then and now, the government's treatment of refugees was a hot issue, and Dolce wrote a protest song about the sufferings of the Vietnamese boat people.
- Some of the world's best players grew up as pampered bourgeoisie, others were Vietnamese boat people.
- Around 8,000 boat people have arrived in Australia in the past two years, a small number by international comparisons.
- Look, he wrote, the Afghan boat people fled persecution and would, until the war, have been found to be refugees.
- This is surprising in view of the experience gained in dealing with the Vietnamese boat people some decades ago.
- Neither major player has proposed a real solution to stopping illegal boat people coming to Australia.
- She wanted refugee boat people given five year temporary visas instead of permanent residence.
- Meanwhile, the humanitarian thing to do would be for Australia to accept the boat people.
- Nauru said it could take three months to process the boat people's refugee claims.
- They are more worried about a probable influx of North Korean boat people.
- Despite reports the boat people are bound for Australia, the government is not certain of their destination, the minister said.
- It details the life of boat people who escaped from Vietnam, and in this case, reaching America, the supposed land of milk and honey.
- The events of the last month concerning boat people seeking to enter Australia have been for me among the most distressing for many years.
- Haunted by their experiences as boat people escaping from Vietnam, the family is separated by guilt, shame and anger.
- He plays the neglected child of an alcoholic mother who fights for better conditions among Hong Kong's boat people.