Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1canotier masculinerancho de paja masculine Southern Cone
- The men wear flat caps, bowlers, straw boaters, trilbies, toppers; the women shawls or floral hats.
- I have spotted flat caps, straw boaters, and one trilby.
- Standing idly beside them are the ‘drivers’, who, with their straw boaters and white shirts and trousers would not look out of place beside a punt in Oxford or Cambridge.
- What a colourful sight the gondoliers make in their straw boaters and striped sweaters, but we heard none of them singing.
- Between the ages of 10 and 13, Martin stood outside the front gates wearing a straw boater and bow tie while selling guidebooks.
- We had these hats called cheese-cutters, or straw boaters.
- Straw boaters, summer bonnets and picnic baskets will be the order of the day although limited refreshments will be provided at the venue.
- A number of the instrumentals evoke chaps in bowties and straw boaters.
- This will have been the last year where the only costumes you see are one guy wearing a straw boater and a middle-aged drag queen dressed as a cheerleader in cowboy boots.
- Mr Pearce was raising money for the international charity Water for Kids and dressed in a Victorian style bathing suit and straw boater.
- Many of those pressing forward to get a good look sported those snappy straw boaters.
- Visitors dressed in straw boaters were entertained by various attractions, not least the upbeat swing of the Mainline Jazz band, kitted out in waistcoats and open-necked shirts.
- But inwardly, you're in a linen suit, wearing a straw boater and swinging a walking stick.
- ‘Mine was a straw boater which had daffodils and ivy glued onto it,’ she said.
- I had to wear a straw boater as part of the uniform, which I thought was weird, and they were pretty handy when it came to discipline.
- Frizzy-haired beauties in starched blouses and boaters, fat pasty babies in frocks, scowling matrons in black tents, young men with moustaches striking jokey poses.
- Spectators were well dressed, with men in boaters and women in hats, and were served tea at white tables on the lawn in the front of the club house.
- A blonde and two male companions in boaters and bathing suits recreated the 1920s, along with eye-catching flapper girls in neon pink.
- In summer we wore a navy cotton dress and straw boater.
- Caps were compulsory for street wear, or boaters usually for prefects or senior students.