Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- This new sedan is the first Jaguar production vehicle with an aluminum bodyshell.
- A stiffer bodyshell is a good starting point for the Porsche chassis gurus to work their suspension magic, although the choice of 19-inch wheels might be a questionable one for Brit buyers.
- The first ML had a separate chassis frame but the new model uses a bodyshell like that on a conventional car.
- It handles well thanks to its rigid bodyshell and all-independent suspension, which make it a particularly agile car.
- Larger front bumpers and complex surface headlamps give the Boxer its new look but the bodyshell is greatly strengthened and more attention has been paid to impact protection.
- The one-piece bodyshell weighs just 25 kg and uses a new type of carbon fibre that only requires curing in a low bake oven rather than the traditional autoclave.
- This adds at least 25 per cent to the torsional stiffness of the bodyshell, making it a really stable platform for the uprated suspension.
- The bodyshell is made from glass-fibre composite, although a stronger and lighter carbon-fibre alternative is offered.
- The only items that come into the plant direct are the bodyshells that come on trucks from Volkswagen's plant in Mosel.
- The bodyshell itself is the stiffest in the segment, claims Mercedes-Benz, and yet at just 437 kg the new model is no heavier than the previous one.
- By modern standards, you got very little beyond an engine and a bodyshell.
- Rattles and squeaks are a thing of the past thanks to a 15% torsionally stiffer bodyshell, plus many changes to comply with both latest Euro and US safety regulations.
- The new car is higher, wider and longer than its predecessor and with a bodyshell 12 per cent stiffer it is also the stiffest in its class.
- The inherent rigidity of the steel bodyshell enhances the new 3 Series safety levels.
- When they put the grille together and then tried fitting it into the bodyshell, it just didn't fit.
- Before the painted bodyshell heads for the assembly lines, it is baked to ensure the finish is as durable and as scratch-resistant as possible.
- There a bare Focus bodyshell is strengthened with the addition of a roll cage (a metal skeleton encasing the driver and co-driver) and other supports.