Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1cerebrito masculine, feminine informalbocho masculine River Plate informal
- This time around the authors are not drunken magazine hacks back from a long lunch; they're all eminent scientists, boffins and inventors.
- It is already in use by more than 50 local authorities across the country, and has been given the thumbs-up by boffins at the Transport Research Laboratory.
- In groundbreaking research Leeds University boffins discovered that men relax in pubs.
- In March, boffins at the Transport Research Laboratory in Berkshire found that using a mobile phone while driving was more dangerous than being drunk behind the wheel.
- Using a highly scientific personality test, the boffins behind this genius idea will match you up with one of six potential mates who will then romance you via email.
- Few cricket players or administrators are drawn from the ranks of scientific boffins.
- He has set his sights on featuring in an inventors and boffins special.
- Did you know that boffin means ‘scientific expert’?
- Although collectors of real Dylan bootlegs will have been aware of this material for years, this spruced-up authorised version is another technical feat from the Columbia boffins.
- Now, though, the boffins have seemingly invented a super salmon which is immune to diseases such as ISA and grows six times faster than the rate of normal farmed fish.
- He went on to suggest future inventions for boffins to work on: the slamless door, the suckless soup spoon and the trickleless tap.
- Some of the initial results of the 2001 Census certainly startled the mathematical boffins.
- A boffin has invented a car that runs on grass, or pigeon poo, or privet cuttings.
- So what is a computer boffin doing teaching a physical education class?
- The team of boffins used the computer to find the period of a mathematical function, one of the basic maths building blocks of modern cryptography, doing so in the equivalent of a single CPU cycle.
- The MIT boffins created a physical one-way function by connecting cryptography with mesoscopics, the study of how waves travel in disordered materials.
- By getting his name on the starring list, John has qualified to join a bizarre game created by computer boffins at Virginia University in the US which links actors through their films.
- Computer boffins working for a Glasgow architect have produced a CD which lets you explore the location and take a peek into the apartments, before a brick has been laid.
- Aircraft factories broke production records, and a brand-new air defence system was improvised by a mixture of eccentric boffins and a bright young staff of mostly female technicians.
- The beach boffins came up with a formula to work out the quality of the grains of sand and its cohesive powers.