Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(wheel assembly)bogie masculine
- Another was an amusing story about a group of French airmen who would ‘borrow’ a railway bogie to get back to Elvington from Layerthorpe after a night's drinking, sent in by a reader from Foxwood.
- A bogie is a British railway term for a wheeled truck or frame under a long carriage or engine that can swivel to help the vehicle around curves.
- Designed to work in commercial thinning and selective cuts like the smaller 4F, it boasts larger wheels and bogies as well as greater tractive effort, all handy for the steeper, broken terrain being logged.
- There are carriages on their side, bent and twisted and there are bogies [wheels] all over the place.
- The depot has always carried out some maintenance but is now dealing with mechanical and electrical jobs such as bogies, compressors and couplers and environmental and cosmetic work.
- Arsenault's has fitted the Beaver with tracks on the bogie wheels to give it increased stability.
- The trailer is powered by small drive-assist wheels which engage the rear bogie wheels.
- He reappears to announce that about three metres down on the river bed he has discovered a complete bogie - two pairs of wheels and axles - from the train.
- One oddity that will emerge is the number of types with four-coupled wheels on each motor bogie.
- Two shunting locomotives with the same engine, torque converter and final drive, but driving each axle on both bogies, were bought of Clayton Equipment Company the same year.
- It follows their recent acquisition of Rail Project, a design-engineering firm which specialises in bogies and related freight-wagon components.
- Each of the four main units has a six wheel bogie with two wheels forward and four wheels rear of the shock absorber.
- But thanks to double bogies front and back, wide tracks, and a mighty handy boom, ground disturbance is kept to a minimum.
- The finished carbody was mounted on a pair of dual-axle rubber-tired bogies, the front set being steerable.
- The drive axle system is based on experience with over 200 forwarders, and uses bogies out front with a single axle out back.
- Like its cousin, it rides on four tandem double bogies.