Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1bonista masculine, feminine
- It sends all the wrong signals to the market and can quickly turn to a vicious downward spiral as lenders, bondholders, and equity investors take fright.
- Previously we discussed the event of a corporate liquidation where bondholders and preferred shareholders are paid first.
- This spectacular fall left lenders and bondholders with unpaid debts of some $2 billion.
- There are also no payouts from either the firm or its guarantor to shareholders and bondholders before the maturity date of the discount debt.
- An Elan bond, where the bondholder can exercise the right to be repaid in 18 months, currently yields 19 per cent per annum.
- She said recoveries for bondholders and other unsecured creditors would be about 0.2 per cent less than earlier estimates.
- But City sources said bondholders and shareholders have little choice but to go along.
- There are currently 23 million bondholders, owning bonds worth £25 billion.
- The issuer promises to pay scheduled interest payments to the bondholder, and return the face amount of the bond after a specified period of time.
- In exchange for the amendment, bank lenders would be paid back ahead of some bondholders if the company files for bankruptcy protection.
- The resale value of physical capital is collateral that secures the value of loans (or that reverts to bondholders, if a firm should go bankrupt).
- The reorganization plan must be accepted by the creditors, bondholders and stockholders and confirmed by the court.
- Now he's trying to pull the same deal with private bondholders.
- The trustee's job is to liquidate bankrupt companies to repay bondholders.
- This is usually applied to plans in falling markets when bondholders surrender their policies early.
- As bondholders, the investors would merely be creditors of the company, rather than members of it.
- But now, having pushed through the required changes to keep itself alive, it is the bondholders and creditors who have emerged triumphant and in pocket.
- Eventually it sought bankruptcy protection, settling with bondholders by agreeing to pay 19 cents on the dollar.
- Out-of-court negotiations are proceeding with the bondholders.
- In that case, the company would compensate bondholders for their loss of interest with payment of the present value of future interest.