Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(fool)bobo masculine informalboba feminine informal
- And don't miss the Brac's colonies of brown boobies and white-tailed tropic birds.
- The Pacific seabirds called brown boobies lay two eggs but hardly ever fledge more than one chick.
- Boobies that nest on the ground, the masked gannet and the brown booby, are also found on remote cays of the Great Barrier Reef.
- It is here we find the boobies, shearwaters, gannets, petrels, and the albatross.
- Within Sulidea, skeletal differences have been cited to support splitting gannets and boobies into two genera, Sula and Morus respectively.
- The gannet is the largest member of the unfortunately-named booby family and the most common on the Atlantic coast.
- Declines in seabird populations (kittiwakes, boobies, cormorants, pelicans) have also been blamed on depletion of the fish stocks that they feed on.
- The waters surrounding Pigeon Island offer great fishing for sea birds including gulls, terns and the brown booby.
- With more food available, the numbers of guano-producing seabirds, including cormorants, boobies and pelicans, similarly increased from 1925 to 1955.
- Galapagos Penguins have been observed foraging with boobies, terns, and shearwaters.
- But the gravestone also provides shade for the survival of the chick of a pair of brown boobies that nest beside it each year.
- Rich fish stocks make it the only avian rookery in North America for sooty terns, masked boobies and frigate birds.
- Perched on the back of the large booby, the small finch then sucks its blood.
- Even the egrets and boobies had a role to play and were rewarded by fish chunks, tossed and caught in mid-air.
- For example, blue-footed booby and osprey nestlings fought more when hungry, but great egrets, blue herons and swallow-tailed kites did not.
- One scenic palm stands alone midst the cry of gulls, pelicans and boobies.
- Later that day, we visit Middle Island to gape at thousands of boobies and frigatebirds returning to their roostings.
- While a few beaches and dozens of animals were tarred by oil, miraculously, the only fatal victims were four pelicans and two blue-footed boobies.
- My nervous dance consists of much weight-shifting and hand gestures similar to the mating dance of the blue-footed booby.
- You'll witness the same panoramas of life that Darwin once did as you trek through blue-footed booby colonies and watch huge tortoises roam a raw lava landscape.
- This being burlesque, the plot is purely filler to set up the well-executed dance numbers and a seemingly endless cavalcade of jiggling boobies.
- But you do rather wonder whether she won't get tired of someone who is either a tongue-tied booby or a rapier-twitching ‘rattle’.
- It was, like, enhancing nothing and I couldn't even get my boobies played with anymore.
- They trusted my judgment that there would be sunshine and boobies, basically.
- Instead, I get a bunch of overweight, smelly computer geeks while the dance co-op gets girls with big boobies and guys with long willies.
- I always thought those boobies should be labelled as a health hazard (warning - can poke you in the eye!
- My daughter was not quite three years old when she announced, ‘Mummy, when I grow up I want to have boobies and smoke cigarettes!’
- Nor does it involve plastic boobies popping out ‘by accident’.
- In other words, expect to see boobies, and lots of them.
- This movie slinks across the screen with its pert boobies pointed at you from the first frame.
- You'd be surprised what they can show as long as it doesn't include the F-word or boobies.
- I cannot imagine if my boss were to have seen my boobies before.
- They are my boobies and I will not, I repeat, I will not, show them to you!
- Back in my teens, I'd have dreams where all I did was run around grabbing boobies and reciting poetry to hoboes.
- How amusing, then, to meet there, where the body language is about as subtle as being hit over the head with a pair of boobies.
- It's nice to know girls like to sing about boobies as much as guys.
- I said to him please don't hit mummy's boobies because they're a bit sore.
- And so were her perky boobies poking through a deliciously thin white top.
- Well it is, but on the upside, you see a lot of these farmers driving around in gold Cadillacs and hanging around chicks with big boobies.
- Like her, this beer is some pasty, lanky overrated chick with no boobies.
- Sure, it was risky but I told Nathan chicks with large boobies would be all over him if he did this.