The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1saber libresco masculinobook learning's no substitute for experience — lo que enseña la experiencia no se aprende en los libros
- These indelible experiences can give life and spirit to your own actions and convert the knowledge you have accumulated through book learning into more meaningful experiences.
- Homage to yesterday's authorities went the way of the ancien regime, and hands-on experience replaced book learning.
- From what I have read (and it is more book learning than from experience) there is nothing wrong with just banishing
- It may be that your life experience trumps any book learning you may get.
- Education plus work, book learning and on-the-job skills training, with a strong ethos of service to the local community, was the educational philosophy.
- It makes book learning and classroom study come alive, reinforcing the lessons of history and illuminating the theories behind effective planning and execution.
- What is so difficult to understand about my point that speculation based on book learning is not equivalent to speculation based on personal experience?
- I think highly educated people put too much stock into book learning and it produces really narrow skills that are totally selfish.
- He'd had a lot of book learning thrown at him, but little hands-on training to experience how to do it the right way… So, I made the guy do it again.
- It doesn't take book learning to acquire a conscience, and although guidance helps, there are always going to be moral invalids who just can't develop one.
- However well educated the young may be, book learning can never rival the inspiration to be gained from someone who knows and has lived.
- Mere book learning is somehow not sufficient to count as wisdom.
- As parents they are overprotective to their children, they place too much emphasis on book learning, and are too blinded by the glitter of a western education.
- I have a ridiculous amount of book learning, but these country ways rear their heads more often than I care to admit.
- Such behaviour is a failure of our academic system that places too much value on book learning and high marks in examinations.
- He's a clever and interesting guy who has a terrible time with words and hates book learning.
- Hogben believed that children learn better by doing than by book learning.
- The people I teach are often of much greater sophistication than those who have heaps of traditional book learning.
- ‘But people are looking beyond the traditional business education model, which involves hours in the classroom and relies primarily on book learning,’ he said.
- But she was unusually gifted and self-educated in book learning - which opened a wider world to her - and she had a wide range of interests.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!