The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of bota
1Clothingbota feminine(short) botín masculinea pair of boots — unas botas
- soccer/rugby boots — botines de fútbol/rugby
- boot polish — betún
- boot tree — horma de bota
- This winter's stylish footwear, from ankle boots to sneakers, will have you praying for more days of snowfall.
- You will need to wear sturdy footwear, preferably boots, old warm clothes including waterproofs, and bring a packed lunch.
- She was wearing a white dress, which came pass her knees; she wore no sandals, boots, or footwear of any kind.
- On his feet he was wearing some sturdy walking boots and a few pairs of woolly socks.
- For a similar look, try a pair of cap-toe ankle boots on for size.
- There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the shoes, sandals, boots, and flip-flops I see people wearing.
- For a smart casual look, you can don a stylish pair of elongated, pointy ankle boots.
- We recommend walking shoes or boots rather than sandals for this walk as it is over uneven ground in places.
- Gauntlets were strapped onto his hands and wrists, and sturdy boots were on his feet.
- All players must have proper footwear, football boots or trainers.
- All are garbed in casual street wear, their large feet clad in brand-name boots or sneakers.
- Which is to say, rubber boots are the footwear of choice.
- Most soldiers were issued only normal field jackets, not parkas, and leather boots, not footwear suitable for snow.
- Wear chemical-resistant boots or footwear during most mixing, loading, and application jobs.
- Complete the look with a pair of dark brown biker boots or a stylish pair of vintage sneakers.
- Other than that, his feet were shod in sturdy dark grey boots, and he had nothing else.
- The footwear line especially the boots are trendy, some are waterproof.
- The girl was wearing leather ankle boots and the guy was wearing sneakers.
- And it's got all of his dress shoes and his boots and his tennis shoes.
- Apulia, the heel of Italy's boot, is beautiful, affordable - and not overrun with tourists
- soccer/rugby boots — botines de fútbol/rugby
2 informal(kick)patada femininepuntapié masculine
3British(for baggage)maletero masculineportamaletas masculinecajuela feminine Mexicobaúl masculine Colombia, River Platemaleta feminine Chile, Peru
- The boot space takes the luggage of a family of four, excluding quad bikes.
- I've made ample use of the boot space itself, and even managed to squeeze a dining table and four chairs in the back, which was rather impressive.
- Plus there's a colossal boot, loads of space inside, extremely comfortable seats and a genuine sense of quality.
- If the boot is full of luggage - two of you are away for a weekend - then that has to be removed to make space for the punctured tyre.
- The only real upside to this penny-pinching is the extra space in the boot.
- As a luggage carrier, the boot provides 490 litres of space, and with the rear seats folded down there is a class-leading 1,694 litres.
- Fill the car with people and the boot will struggle to carry their luggage; a roof box is the best solution
- Squeezing a fifth person in would have been tight and the boot space was a little skimpy.
- Set the seat as far back as it will go, and you are rewarded with a veritable ocean of knee-room in the back for such a compact car, but with limited space in the boot.
- There are head restraints in the back (although these can impede rear visibility when parking) and the backs of the rear seats adjust to give more space in the boot.
- The fabulous build quality continues on the inside - passengers cannot grumble about space and the boot is big and box-shaped.
- The new car also carries a Fix and Go puncture repair kit, that is a compressor unit and a powerful puncture repair liquid, which is carried in the boot.
- Do not leave property inside the vehicle, even in the boot or under the parcel shelf.
- The dimensions are slightly larger inside and out and there's also more space in the boot.
- When we got home we took the stuff out of the boot and carried them to the house.
- The boot holds a reasonable amount of soft luggage - those infernal golf clubs might fit in and you still have the suitcase shelf behind the seats.
- Include the rear boot for a combined 260 litres of storage space.
- This gives a well-sized boot and interior that can carry four adults comfortably.
- The security guard was alone at the time and while he was on the ground the robbers pulled money boxes out of the boot of his vehicle.
- A full-size spare wheel is under the boot floor.
4US(for wheel)cepo masculinearaña feminine
5Computingarranque masculinewarm/cold boot — arranque caliente/frío
- As you can probably tell by the loud buzzing and whirring sounds your computer makes when you turn it on, the boot-up process puts a lot of strain on your system.
- It's like setting Windows in hibernation mode so that it doesn't have to go through the entire boot-up process when it's called upon.
- It includes a system monitoring tool and utilities to change the boot-up image and to update the BIOS.
- Is it possible to turn off the kernel boot-up messages?
- He switched it on, and watched as the screen flashed as the machine went through its boot-up procedure.
- This versatility was enhanced by the system's inherent stability, robust and usable map package, and rapid boot-up capability.
- I figured, however, that what he perceived as a significant decrease in the notebook's speed was actually the long boot-up time.
- I mentioned in my article how I liked the fresh new look and the faster boot-up time.
- Custom configurations are not stored when powered off and must be loaded at boot-up (which can be automated easily).
- There are dozens of options - one lets you log on automatically at boot-up, convenient for cable and DSL modem users.
- A common way to access these settings is to press the F2 or delete button during the first few seconds of a boot-up.
- For example, some viruses infect executable code in the boot sector of floppy disks or in system areas of hard drives.
- Make a DOS floppy boot disk, and have the configuration program for each card handy on floppy.
- Make a boot disk in case your computer is damaged or compromised
- I'm already going to assume you already know some of the basics, like backing up your stuff, and making a DOS boot disk.
- Several manufacturers are now doing this, and it is definitely a nice touch away from the DOS boot disk and flash utility of old.
- This is a setting in your system BIOS setup, which you can access during the boot process.
- Passwords have even found new niches in the form of boot managers, remote login formats and advanced security systems.
- Look for a data recovery software package that has a boot disk option available.
- Always take the opportunity to make a boot diskette when Linux gives you that option.
- How far into the boot process is the machine when you get this message?
1 informal(kick)darle una patada adarle un puntapié apatearhe booted the ball into the net — metió el balón en la red de una patada
- They shoved the door open - kicking it, booting it, shoving three or four times, and as they shoved the door open I put the knife through the gap.
- When York kicked off by booting the ball straight out and then giving away a first-minute penalty for offside, things looked bleak.
- Each time she missed, Jesse taunted her again, until Amber was so angry with him that she booted it the hardest she ever had.
- He could have allowed it to run for a goal kick or even booted it into the stand.
- Things got worse when a dropped home pass was booted down the other end for Roundhegians to kick a second penalty and close the gap to two points.
- Callaghan bounced up and ecstatically booted the ball as hard as he could amid wild celebrations which were something to behold - for those still able to watch.
- He's a pretty decent punter, having booted nine of eleven punts inside the 20-yard line in 2002.
- They booted another two goals while a resolute navy unit kicked one more to end the game with an average of one per quarter.
- The kids would boot that ball as hard as they could into the lot of them!
- Our sons have already decided that ‘bathrooms are boring’, and are amusing themselves by booting the back of the driver's seat.
- Jackson then had the honour of booting the final points of term - the conversion going in off an upright to the loudest cheer of the night.
- He was so frustrated in extra time that he took to booting a plastic cup from the dugout.
- Lewis converted three of the tries, as well as booting a first-half penalty.
- He sailed the world in the mad destructions of his mind but they found him out and started booting his door in at night.
- He began to get some decent mounts and started booting home winners regularly.
- Instead of booting from the hard disk, your computer will now boot from the floppy and a menu will appear.
- Then the infected floppy disks may infect other computers that boot from them, and the virus copy on the hard disk will try to infect still more floppies.
- You have to hit the Connect button before you boot up your computer.
- Modern motherboard chipsets will boot from a CD-ROM more easily than a floppy diskette.
- One day I got a call from a girl who tells me her laptop won't boot up.
- Which is faster, getting through airport security or booting your computer?
- Both of these attacks can be easily subverted by booting the affected computer from a CD-ROM.
- For instance, if I took an already working boot disk and just burn that to a CD, would it boot the computer?
- So now you know that these tools are available when you boot from the Installer DVD.
- When power's restored, the server cannot even boot up to its welcome or logon screen.
- If you're successful, your system will boot up and give you a login screen.
- If all of the physical components are OK, the next thing is to see if it will boot from a floppy or CD.
- Little black books don't have to be booted up, email programs and cell phones have their own address books, and the internet is one big phone book anyway.
- Secondly, oftentimes when I boot up my PC, the monitor will remain completely blank.
- If you boot up expecting to see photo-realistic landscapes, then you're going to be disappointed.
- Choose one of the icons, and it'll boot up the title screen of the game in a couple of seconds.
- Calmly, I unplugged both hard drives and tried booting it.
- You will be surprised to see how fast your system boots this time.
- While booting up her PC, she doodled on a small pad of paper.
- The humming sound of machinery booting up filled the room, and Cameron knew what was happening.
1to boot — para rematarla
- It is therefore a building of great historical importance, and a beautiful building to boot.
- Oh, and there's a gardener's cottage at the back of the building to boot.
- We don't know where our next broadband is coming from, and I'm off work until the middle of next week, to boot.
- But it's a nice wee place, and is dead posh to boot, so it's survived pretty well.
- He is an unprecedented acting talent that deserves a look or seven, and maybe even a few awards to boot.
- Come on, we chide, they can't have all the wealth, status and talent to boot.
- If he tried that he'd lose his catch and hook, line and sinker to boot.
- And to top it off someone straight bought him one off his wish list to boot.
- And now these pundits have returned the favour by giving him his own book and glowing reviews to boot.
- But he was obviously a good player and, far more importantly, a good guy to boot.
- So they managed to find her another court, indeed a better one to boot.
- They claim it promised enough money to see the club through the season, and international players to boot.
- I didn't really expect that so that was a definite bonus, and the new songs they played sounded pretty cool to boot.
- This track at least has a warm, beating heart to it - and hooray, it's a toe-tapper to boot.
- This was a day-trip into the darker corners of immortality and isolation with a slab of comic humour to boot.
- He did, and with a budget that only afforded him a two-to-one shooting ratio to boot.
- I would say that this sort of behaviour deserves a ban and a compulsory course in responsible driving to boot!
- The A-class is most exciting, with many of the old model's flaws addressed and a new interior to boot.
- Initially I was disappointed at having chosen a stalls seat, and one right at the front to boot.
- You can calm everyone else's merriness, and, to boot, you can direct the taxi home.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!