The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cabina
1(cabin)cabina feminineinformation booth — caseta de información
- In the middle of the Mojave Desert is a phone booth housing the sole telephone for 16 miles in any direction.
- Wi-fi providers have targeted a growing number of potential venues within which to establish access points, including hotels, airports, phone booths and restaurants.
- I phoned Henning late that night in a phone booth near the restaurant.
- These homemade announcements are mostly affixed to telephone poles, but garbage bins, phone booths and newspaper boxes are also info-rich urban texts.
- He said he believed most voters would not refuse to vote simply because of a ban on mobile phones in booths.
- He said outlying areas had booths with massive No votes.
- She picked up over 70 percent of the vote in booths in Paddington, Surry Hills and Darlinghurst.
- The Internet telephony booths will be a boon mainly to the non PC-user who is not comfortable with headphones.
- But the numbers voting at such booths are so small that it's not clear how much effect the change will have.
- They were getting returns with up to 25 per cent of the votes invalid in some booths.
- When voting at a polling booth, there are officials present who ensure that only the person eligible to vote enters the booth to do so.
- This is an important question because democracy is not just going into a booth to cast a vote on the basis of some campaign slogans.
- Step inside the booth, in total privacy, and let the fine mist of tanning spray breeze over your entire body.
- By comparison, advertising on 200 phone booths during that period would have cost over $400,000.
- At other booths, the photographers allowed participants to reject their first photo in favor of a more flattering one.
- Betting is currently allowed at official booths at dog and horse racing tracks, and some bookmakers are authorized to place odds on some sports events.
- He looked around cautiously to see if anyone could overhear, but the booths were designed for privacy.
- The indoor booth allowed for a controlled testing environment.
- After each performance Camille's dressing room becomes a confession booth for each character.
- In order to show a Cinerama film, you had to completely overhaul a movie theater, tearing out dozens of seats on the ground floor to make room for three projection booths.
2polling boothcabina de votación femininecasilla de votación feminine Mexicocaseta de votación feminine Chile
3telephone boothcabina (de teléfono) feminine
4(in restaurant)reservado masculine
5(stall)(at market) puesto masculine(at fair) barraca feminine(at fair) caseta feminine(at exhibition) stand masculine
- They set up temporary information booths at every village.
- The market opened 100 booths selling South Korean clothes on 2,600 square meters of floor last August.
- The exhibition booths show off everything from jewellery to furniture, from paintings to gourmet delicacies, from beauty and aromatherapy products to sculpture.
- The Department of Agriculture and Food will also have information booths at its stand at the National Ploughing Championships at the end of the month near Tullow in Co Carlow.
- Drums sound from nearby powwow dancing, while craftsmen cut deals at a string of booths selling everything from T-shirts to jewelry.
- The street will then be set up as a street fair, with food stalls, entertainment booths, exhibitions, and cultural shows.
- We walked around for a little while, staring at booths and small, temporary shops selling pieces of jewelry and lights that blinked.
- The Biennial is not the standard ‘big tent’ art show with elaborate exhibition booths and a short but hectic run in a convention center or on a pier.
- Crisis management groups have also been instructed to establish helpline and information booths at entry points to quake-hit areas for better coordination of relief work.
- It is also a sort of fair with booths and stands offering food and tea, jewelry and wood, and stalls serving beer.
- My patio hung over a medium sized street that was lined with shops and booths that sold fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers.
- In addition to the informative show, the fashion fair included display booths for attendees to browse and pick-up useful information and tips about healthy lifestyles.
- Over 300 organizations and businesses set up snazzy booths to sell wares, distribute information and collect signatures for various petitions.
- On the flat lawn inside the oval of the track several tents, booths and pavilions had been erected to house the exhibits and shade the contests and performances.
- The popular, colorful and exciting festival features booths selling food, handicrafts, fashion and accessories of Asian-Pacific countries.
- People buying things from nearby stores were offered a chance to verify the weight of their purchases, using electronic weighing machines in the temporary booths put up by the roadside.
- We'd also like volunteers to help out with taking donations and manning the information booths.
- More than 35 Thai restaurants had set up and sold their specialities, and there were booths selling a wide variety of Thai handicrafts and food products.
- The members had set up booths where they sold handicrafts, fashion accessories and food from their respective countries.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!