Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1bizcoturnio Chile informal
- When I was at school in the 80s we used to have these awful Country Dancing lessons which involved prancing up and down our school hall beneath the boss-eyed instruction of a mad pensioner.
- This long weekend will see a nation boss-eyed with self-indulgent excitement, hooked on the dangerous drug of royal nostalgia.
- Increasingly it feels as if the violence did not go away but was supplemented by a vile and damaging hatred among those who used to bring something more worthwhile to the ground than a boss-eyed devotion to one team.
- She ordered wine from a boss-eyed kid behind the bar who had a strange patch of greying hair at the back of his head like he'd fallen asleep against a blackboard.
- He was standing at his door with a mug of tea in hand, boss-eyed after hours on the computer sending begging letters.