The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Modelling of plant growth and architecture relies on biological assumptions borrowed from botany and crop physiology.
- Linnean tradition classified them as plants properly studied in botany.
- During his tenure at Western, Gary taught courses in principles of biology, protistology, general botany, plant morphology, and freshwater algae.
- At the other end, exactly reproducible images revolutionized the study of subjects like geography, astronomy, botany, anatomy, and mathematics.
- Those with a scientific background of botany should take up a detailed study of endangered plant species to determine why they are dying out.
- She had degrees in botany and in plant physiology and had been employed by the Open University since 1972.
- The present trend is that technocrats want to study botany in air-conditioned rooms, and not in fields.
- Local field botany was so important that TBC members could support a separate journal just devoted to that subject.
- There he studied mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany and zoology.
- These distinctions may seem somewhat arbitrary, but they highlight fundamentally different attitudes toward plant ecology, to science in general and to botany in particular.
- Each of us has a great gift—the love of plants and botany—that we must pass on to our students and the public.
- It should certainly be considered as a student textbook for courses on dendrology and field botany.
- The authors document how this treatise has significantly influenced the course of medicine and the study of botany over the years.
- This is a great piece to do when it can be timed to coincide with the science curriculum and studies of botany.
- Background in botany, plant ecology, and geology is helpful.
- The first chapter is a nice general introduction to the anatomy and morphology of trees—the basic botany needed to understand and use the field guide.
- This text will be helpful to beginners in the field of economic botany, but the authors recommend further research for the serious student.
- By the time I was adolescent, my father was involved in the study of botany and local historical sites.
- It also had ramifications in physiology, botany, and metallurgy.
- To round out his background before leaving, Lewis went to Philadelphia to study botany, zoology and navigation.
2(of particular place)flora feminine
- He knows the geology and botany, can describe all that creeps and crawls, bounds and flies and, above all, is able and willing to share his enthusiasms.
- Well, you can imagine any mad botany or geology you please.
- First they're introduced to the internal structures and geometries of the desert geology and botany.
- His political conclusion repudiates the crude nationalism, a form of anthropomorphism when all is said and done, which projects upon regional botany its vainglorious xenophobia.
- The complete account of the botany of the voyage was written by Gaudichaud in 1826.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!